Obstruction attitude

Further to your comments on chamfered edge speed cushions, we run a Renault Espace 2.0 diesel W reg. Two years ago our estate was blighted with chamfered edge speed cushions, after which it was necessary to replace two front tyres with worn tread on the inside, and later a front anti-roll bar. How can I best register my objections to these killer cushions? The Local Authority simply ignores all complaints.

Asked on 26 December 2009 by

Answered by Honest John
Many thanks for your support. After getting no response from tyre manufacturer we are now approaching tyre distributors. But at least a reader came up with an apt new name for speed cushions: “pot hills”. Maybe if www.potholes.co.uk and www.fixmystreeet.co.uk started recording pot hill damage as well as pothole damage, we might start getting rid of them.
Similar questions
Can I claim from the council for damage to my car from speed humps? I have a Volkswagen Touran and after I went over a hump I heard a noise and later a message came up on the dash saying 'stop oil problem'....
I'm probably not going to get any sympathy, but being a builder I drive a van. I don't have explain what happens when you traverse four speed humps with a van full of tools and materials. Unpleasant is...
There’s regular and understandable criticism in your column from you and your readers about the damaging effect of speed bumps. Whilst I don’t like them any more than anybody else it would at least be...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer