Road trader

Please could you tell me my legal rights in connection with a motor trader who is 100 yards down the street from me and who uses our laybys to put his cars in and also his MoTs that are waiting. Sometimes the cars are left for days.

Asked on 26 December 2009 by

Answered by Honest John
If they are not taxed then get onto the police, the DVLA and the local
council. They will come and clamp the cars or possibly tow them away. If the cars are taxed and insured there is nothing you can do.
Similar questions
My number plates have been copied and put on a similar vehicle that is being driven around my area incurring speeding/parking/toll charges. What is your advice?
I was contacted today by a debt collection agency looking for my daughter. It transpires that a car is registered in her name, about which she has no knowledge. A parking fine are is unpaid and a liability...
The Government/DVLA is scamming motorists. In 2008 my wife sold her Vauxhall Corsa to the daughter of friend of a friend. The necessary slip on the V5C was completed and posted to DVLA, Swansea SA99 1BD....

Value my car