Can I fit leather seat covers to my new Peugeot 2008?

I have a new Peugeot 2008 1.2 PureTech Allure Premium and love it. My son and daughter have the latest GT models.

I must admit I like the seats in their 2008 GTs but could not warrant the extra cost of going to those models. Is it possible to get some leather type sport covers made for the front seats of my car and cover them up?

Asked on 14 September 2021 by francis gait

It is possible to buy seat covers but I would be concerned that it would interfere with the airbags that are built into the side of the front seats. These airbags are designed to protect the occupant in the event of a side impact. Covering them up with a heavy leather seat cover may impede their ability to perform their important safety tasks.

We are actually running a Peugeot 2008 1.2 PureTech Allure Premium for six months. You can read about our experiences with it here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/our-cars/peugeot-2008/