I need a comfortable car with easy access - what do you suggest?

I'm tall and have a bad back. I need an automatic vehicle that has easy access and is comfortable. My annual mileage is approximately 3000. What do you advise?

A decent MPV will be far better for your back than an SUV. Easier to get in and out of and more headroom. I like the Volkswagen Golf SV 1.4 TSI 150, but am far less keen on VAG's 7-speed dry clutch DSG auto. The best automatic MPV is the Citroen C4 Picasso 1.2 Puretech 130 with the Aisin Warner EAT6 torque converter autobox.