Can you suggest a crossover to replace our hatchback?

We are now on our sixth Volkswagen Golf. My wife is now struggling at times to get out of the passenger front seat. What car or SUV of a similar size to our Golf, and perhaps a little higher up, would you suggest for our next vehicle?

Asked on 15 February 2021 by Lawson Devery

Answered by Andrew Brady
Take a look at the Volkswagen T-Roc. It'll feel like a Golf, but with a higher seating position and easy access. If you're ready for a change, we'd recommend a Ford Puma or Peugeot 2008, or slightly bigger crossovers like the Peugeot 3008.
Similar questions
I'm looking to change my car (petrol Nissan Qashqai) to an automatic as I do around 3000 miles a year, mostly town driving and the odd motorway trip. My wife is disabled with hip problems so I need something...
I'm tall and have a bad back. I need an automatic vehicle that has easy access and is comfortable. My annual mileage is approximately 3000. What do you advise?
I'm considering buying a Suzuki Vitara depending on the ease of access for the driver because of arthritis in my knees and hips. Do you have any information or could you recommend something in same price...
Related models
Well-finished, stylish cabin. Well-equipped as standard. Full-colour digital instruments on all models.
Comfortable and refined on the move. Available with lots of personalisation options. High quality feel throughout. Entry-level 1.0 TSI engine is excellent.
Fiesta-based crossover is excellent to drive. Surprisingly practical. Generous amount of standard equipment.
Small crossover with an upmarket interior similar to the 3008 and 508. Choice of petrol, diesel and electric power.


Value my car