Do I need a GB sticker to drive in Europe?

I have a new car (June 2021) and it has the Union Flag and GB on the number plates. I am driving to Germany in September and understand that the GB and Union flag showing will not be allowed. I don't want to be stopped by the police in Europe.

Do I need to get another licence made? Any advice would be helpful

Asked on 26 July 2021 by R Dowding

From 28 September you'll need to show a UK sticker or number plate when driving in Europe. You could face a fine if you fail to do so. There are companies online that sell stickers to fit over the emblem on your existing plates, saving you the expense of replacing the plates entirely.