I have PCP car, can I fit a private number plate?

I have a PCP agreement car that has another two years to run on the agreement, I would like to add a private number plate on it, would this be possible? Do I have to get the PCP agreement holder's permission?

Asked on 16 May 2022 by David Sutton

Answered by Lawrence Allan
Adding a private plate to a leased car requires you to organise it with the permission of the finance company who owns the car. This is pretty common, so you shouldn't have any issues doing so. Remember you'll have to organise the transfer of the plates off the car before the lease agreement has finished, unless you intend to purchase the car.