What are the rules for personalised registration plates?

I have read on the Government private number plate auction website that a private plate must show the age of the vehicle. However, some plates do not seem to obey this rule! What are the rules and what is the best way to go about obtaining a private licence plate?

Asked on 20 March 2022 by Eric

Answered by Sarah Tooze
Rules on what numbers cannot be assigned to a vehicle are listed under eligibility at www.gov.uk/personalised-vehicle-registration-numbe...n.

Advice on buying a personalised number plate is available at www.gov.uk/personalised-vehicle-registration-numbe...e