My partner has a phobia of modern technology - can you recommend a suitable replacement for their ageing Audi?

My partner drives a 2003 Audi A6 Avant TDi with 200+ miles on the clock and has a phobia of change.

Which modern estate car:
a) has a large flat load area (>1800 mm L x 1000 mm W between arches).
b) is fun and does not feel correspondingly massive to drive.
c) has a mostly analogue feel and is not overburdened with 'drive-by' software.

Asked on 18 May 2021 by Jonathan Bunt

A Dacia Logan MCV will probably be the best car for your partner. It isn't as plush or as fun to drive as the latest Audis, but you do get old school interior with lots of physical buttons and dials. The load width between rear wheel arches is 990mm and you get 1850mm of loadspace when you lower the rear seats: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/dacia/logan-mcv-2013/

If your partner needs more space and a better driving experience then they will need to overcome their phobia of change and find a Skoda Octavia Estate. It's a much better car than the Dacia but has lots of tech that your partner may need to adapt to: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/skoda/octavia-estate.../