The clutch broke on a used car I just bought. Should I have to pay to fix it?

I bought a used car from a garage and three days later the clutch blew out. They offered to fit a new clutch but at my expense. Should I be paying for the clutch?

Asked on 9 April 2021 by steven burr

Unless the garage can prove you the clutch has been damaged by your driving style, you are entitled to a repair or a full refund under the short-term right to reject under the 2015 Consumer Rights Act. For your legal rights, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/problems-with-a-new-or-used-c...#