Do you want the Road Tax system to change? Do you have thoughts on the potential changes to the Road Tax system? | No thanks

Can Eurotunnel trains cope with additional weight of battery cars?

By 2030, the Eurotunnel trains need to plan for all battery cars. I ask the following assuming that there is a full load of battery cars and the additional weight that entails.

Can the Eurotunnel structure and trains safely cope with the following:

A) Train pulling capacity
B) Train structure, upper and lower deck
C) rail lines designed for additional weight

Asked on 27 November 2020 by Alan jory

Answered by Russell Campbell
I'll admit I have no idea, but if they transport HGVs by rail I don't see why electric cars should be any different.
Tags: