Can you suggest a reliable, petrol, used 4x4 SUV?

We're trying to choose a reliable, used, automatic, five-seater SUV or estate for £12-16k. It can't be diesel and needs to be able to manage a family of 5 on motorway trips (so boot needs to be at least 450 litres and back seat not too narrow), narrow winding rural lanes with potholes and steep hills - so can't be too wide and ideally 4x4. We were keen on the raised ride height and 4x4 of the Skoda Scout but affordable models are all diesel. Yeti is too small and the newest Skoda SUVs are too pricy. Advice welcomed, thanks.

Asked on 11 November 2020 by Greg Rosen

We'd recommend a Honda CR-V. It's got a huge boot and plenty of space for a family of five. Three adults can fit fairly comfortably in the rear seats, helped by a flat floor (so no squabbling over where passengers put their feet). It's likely to be a reliable choice, too, especially with the 2.0-litre petrol engine.