I'm looking for a small SUV that will last the next 10 years. Any advice?

I have a max of £11,000 to spend on a buying a family car. I currently have a Vauxhall Zafira but want to trade up to something newer and nicer. I like the look of the small SUVs like Kia Sportage or Hyundai Ix35 or Tucson, but don't really know enough about cars to feel confident about what is best to look for. I'm looking for a car for the next 10 years ideally, and will need room for two growing boys, 5 and 8, who are going to be tall. The car will be used mainly for school runs, visiting family around the UK and a family holiday like driving over to France in the summer. I'd like some nice touches like touchscreen multimedia systems or panoramic sun roof, but they're not deal breakers. Ideally, something that can shift a bit too. I think that's probably a tall order for the budget but really don't know and could do with some advice. Any help appreciated.

Asked on 28 May 2020 by Nick Connell

The Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tucson are very good choices. Both are comfortable, easy to drive and backed by long manufacturer warranties. They are also well-equipped as standard, which means you can get a top spec car for a relatively modest outlay. Given your budget, you'll get:

A 2016/17 Hyundai Tucson: www.honestjohn.co.uk/cars-for-sale/search/Hyundai/...c
Or a 2017 Sportage: www.honestjohn.co.uk/cars-for-sale/search/Kia/Spor...c

Given its seven-year-warranty, I would go with the Kia. But test drive both and go with the one that suits your needs best.