Can you suggest a family car with a big boot that'll be reliable?

I have 2 teenage girls and need to trade in my small Fiat for something which is big enough to put a tent and some paddleboards in the boot. It also needs to be easy to park. I don’t care two hoots about what it looks like or how fast it goes but I don’t want it to break down. I plan to keep it for years - probably until it goes for scrap. I have £10,000 to spend - plus trade-in for my 3-year-old Fiat 500. Can you help?

Asked on 8 February 2021 by Lucy shipp

We'd recommend a Kia Sportage. It's a practical crossover SUV that represents great value for money. You'll get one a similar age to your Fiat 500, with the remainder of its seven-year manufacturer warranty remaining (provided it's been serviced correctly). Alternatively, consider an estate car like the excellent Skoda Octavia.