What small crossover or SUV is best for taking a baby seat?

With a baby on the way, we are about to outgrow our 2011 Nissan Micra with 30,000 miles on the clock. We have about £10,000 to spend, plus whatever we can get for the Micra. We need an automatic with sufficient room for a 6'1" adult to drive in front of a baby seat. The baby seat is Isofix so takes up about as much room as an averagely tall man. We've been wondering about a compact SUV - perhaps a Nissan Qashqai or a Kia Sorento - but is there anything else you would suggest (or suggest avoiding)?

Asked on 29 June 2017 by John

I think you mean a Sportage (a Sorento is bigger). Qashqai aren't very reliable. Might be more sensible to go for a small, tall MPV such as a Kia Venga or Hyundai ix20. You need to avoid damaging your back when lifting the child in and out.