Will an oil change at a non-franchised garage affect my warranty?

I have an almost 16-month-old Audi A3 Quattro and, like you, I believe in annual oil changes. But because of lockdown it's only done 8000 miles. It's not due for a service until it is two years old. The Audi dealer quotes £229 for an oil and filter change which I think is extortionate. A local Audi specialist quotes less than half that using genuine parts. Do you think it would affect the warranty if the specialist did the work?

Asked on 28 October 2020 by Billsboy

You can probably have it done at any reputable garage so long as they use approved parts/methods and you get the relevant paperwork that proves as much. Best to check the small print first so you don't inadvertently void your warranty, though.