Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

I'm a named driver on my late husband's car. Can I still drive it?

My husband has died. I'm a named driver on his insurance. Can I still drive the car?

Asked on 14 September 2020 by

Firstly, our condolences. We're sorry for your loss. Your insurer may allow a short period of time after a death certificate is issued, or before probate, where you would still be covered. In UK law, any contract is reliant on the person still being alive to be valid so it's always best to contact the insurer and ask them directly.