Clutch failed on my Skoda Karoq. Is this a known issue?

I have a Skoda Karoq 1.5 petrol manual, which had a clutch break at 11,000 miles. The disk is damaged and the dealer said it's due to inappropriate usage, which is not the case. I have more lots of driving experience and never had that problem with the previous cars I drove. Do you know if this is a known issue? My local dealer refuse to repair the car under warranty, claiming inappropriate usage. I've seen on the internet that other Karoq drivers had the same problem.

Asked on 4 June 2020 by F. Vasile

The clutch on the Karoq does have a high biting point, which makes it easy to ride the clutch. We have received a number of complaints of premature failures. I've added your to the list: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/skoda/karoq-2017/

At 11,000 miles, I think you will struggle to hold the dealer liable for the burnt out clutch, unless you can prove it's a manufacturing fault. An independent inspection may do this.