A neighbour keeps moving his SORN'd car. If he hits mine, how do we deal with insurance?

I live in an apartment with an off road car park. A neighbour has been moving his SORN'd and uninsured car around the car park. If he hits my (or any other) vehicle in the car park, what are my rights, i.e. claiming through insurance?

Asked on 17 May 2020 by James

You would need to make a claim via the MIB (Motor Insurers' Bureau). Every time you take out a motor insurance policy part of the payment goes towards the MIB - they generally compensate the victims of negligent uninsured or untraceable drivers.