A neighbour keeps moving his SORN'd car. If he hits mine, how do we deal with insurance?

I live in an apartment with an off road car park. A neighbour has been moving his SORN'd and uninsured car around the car park. If he hits my (or any other) vehicle in the car park, what are my rights, i.e. claiming through insurance?

Asked on 17 May 2020 by James

Answered by Dan Powell
You would need to make a claim via the MIB (Motor Insurers' Bureau). Every time you take out a motor insurance policy part of the payment goes towards the MIB - they generally compensate the victims of negligent uninsured or untraceable drivers.
Similar questions
I have fully comprehensive car insurance with motor legal cover and personal injury cover. My car was written off by a farmer's loose cow at 4am. My family were injured and I have suffered a big financial...
I fell victim of a car cloning scam and now the police have seized my car. How can I find who was the insurer that paid the legitimate owner off when it was declared stolen so I can discuss the possibility...
I'm trying to sell a 1991 BMW 325i. A potential buyer changed his mind because, he said, there is a record that says a 318i with my registration was a Category B write off in 1999. I checked with HPI and...


Value my car