Seller has ignored my rejection of a faulty vehicle. What now?

I’m exercising my final right to reject a vehicle as repair by sellers chosen garage did not fix the fault. Vehicle shakes and struggles to start at times. The seller says he is not accepting my rejection and ignored my follow up email. I asked if he’s willing to provide a partial refund but have been ignored. No acknowledgment of the law or consumer rights act even where I explained that the repair did not fix an issue. Any advice?

Asked on 11 April 2020 by maja majewska

If the garage refuses to accept or acknowledge your rejection then you will need to get legal advice and peruse it via the small claims court. The dealer can be held liable for any faults that develop within the first six months. For your rights, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/how-to-reject-a-car-your-cons...s