I'm an amputee. Can I drive without driving aids?

My right leg was removed to above the knee this February and I want to drive my automatic car using my left foot with no adaptations. I've got the hang of it going up and down my drive. I’ve yet to tell DVLA due to the virus. Nowhere on the net can I find if this isn’t allowed. All the assumptions are that you would have adaptations. Please advise.

Asked on 11 April 2020 by Southerly95

You will need to fill in a G1 form and send it to the DVLA. You can download one here: www.gov.uk/government/publications/g1-online-confi...n

The DVLA may ask for you to be examined by a doctor to assess your ability to drive. Under normal circumstances, this would take around six weeks. However, due to the coronavirus outbreak, you could probably extend that to six months.
Tags: dvla