Should leave my car running on my drive to keep the battery charged?

I haven't used my 2018 Ford Fiesta for three weeks now and probably won't be using it for a few weeks more. Should I start it up on my drive and leave the engine running to keep the battery charged?

Asked on 8 April 2020 by Biffer

I don't think starting up the car for short periods will help the vehicle. The battery will be drained and the oil will not reach optimum operating temperature - which will increase engine wear and tear. For general coronavirus car storage advice, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-what-...r