How do I keep my car's battery from going flat during the lockdown?

What make of trickle charger would you recommend to keep a car's battery topped up during the current lockdown. I'd prefer a type which operates through the cigarette lighter socket.

Asked on 30 March 2020 by Bob Barber

Answered by Keith Moody
Are you referring to a car's 12V battery? If so, then you'll need one that plugs into an external socket - the 12V battery feeds the 'cigarette' or auxiliary socket. We often recommend the CTEK MXS series. We've been using CTEK items for over a decade and never had any issues. Check the specs of any charger before you buy to make sure it's compliant.