A neighbour's wall fell on my car and damaged it - can I claim off the neighbour's insurance?

A neighbour's wall fell on my car and damaged it. Can I claim off the neighbour's insurance? They are denying it, please help.

Asked on 18 February 2020 by Tracey

The question you need to be asking is "why did the wall fall". Walls do not just fall, there has to be a reason. If they have been negligent in the maintenance and upkeep of the wall, then you have a claim. If the wall has fallen over as a result of extremely strong winds that could not have been foreseen, then it would be deemed as an "act of God" and you would be unable to claim from them.