Best electric car for comfort and access?

My wife and I are getting older and we are moving to the Isle of Wight. We need a narrow (small) car (for country lanes) and high seats (for ease of access). Considering the latest Government announcement regarding petrol & hybrid cars which electric vehicles would suit us best?

Asked on 10 February 2020 by Robin Tyler

I wouldn't rush to buy an electric car - a lot will happen in the industry over the next 15 years and there'll be a lot of new cars on sale by the 2035 deadline. That said, if you can charge a car at home and most of your journeys are within the range of an EV, it might work for you. In which case, I'd recommend a Hyundai Kona Electric or Kia e-Niro.