Is a glass panoramic roof covered by insurance the same as a windscreen?

My colleague has just been hit with an enormous bill to replace a cracked glass roof. When he read the small print of his policy, he's not covered for the rear screen either. Is that standard or just cost cutting? Do any insurance companies include all glass in windscreen cover?

Glass cover does not cover sunroofs on any insurance policy. This is standard in the industry. The rear screen will be covered though. You need to bear in mind that a glass claim is not classed as an insurance claim. Your colleague can still make an insurance claim for the sunroof.