What do I need to do to pay for EV charging at public chargers?

What do I need to do to pay for EV charging at public chargers? Do I need an account and a dedicated credit card and if so, where do I get it from?

We'd recommend signing up for accounts with Ecotricity's Electric Highway and Chargemaster's Polar Network. You'll need to download relevant phone apps to access the chargers. The Government is putting pressure on providers to offer contactless payment which should make things simpler in the future.