Do you have to tell your insurance company if your car has a styling pack that includes a tow hitch?

When you buy a new car with parking sensors and a styling pack which includes a tow hitch, do you have to notify the insurance company of these?

Asked on 25 April 2019 by Mr. Keith Liddiment

If something comes from the manufacturer, it is not a modification, but an optional extra. A modification is an item that is not from the OE manufacturer. You do not need to notify the insurer of optional extras though it is best that you do, as that way they cannot advise there were not aware. And you must always make them aware of items that are non-standard.