Can I recover the cost of increased insurance premiums from a third party following a no-fault accident?

I was reverse parking when a car came out of a side road and caused damage to my vehicle rear bumper. It has been registered as a no-fault accident, and while I have 9+ years protected NCD, I suspect that my insurance costs will increase on renewal. Can I claim reimbursement for these likely additional costs from the other side's insurance? If so, what is the best way to proceed - for example using a comparison site both without and then with the claim?

Asked on 12 April 2019 by Rob

Answered by Honest John
Yes, you can, And you have it spot on. Claim for five years of additional cost, contact your legal expense insurer to pursue as a "uninsured loss" - they may well advise they do not do it, this is because they have never done it. Ask what it is they do pursue? Which is uninsured losses, which this is.
Similar questions
My son is a learner driver with full learner driver insurance. We were out driving the other day when an intoxicated driver went straight into the back of his car. The guy has admitted fault and all is...
How do I recover my uninsured losses following a no fault car accident?
A deer lept over a hedge in front of my car and did £1300 of damage. Do I have a claim against the owners for the uninsured damage? Apparently, deer escape from the park quite often.

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer