Can I reject a car after three months because of a DPF issue?

My Land Rover Evoque has 2000 miles and is three months old. It has developed DPF engine management light failure. Can I reject the car and get my money back or swap for another product? I have read various threads where this is a known problem not accepted by Land Rover. I believe I may be blamed for not driving enough miles everyday. If this is the case I believe the car was mis-sold to me as they knew I did low mileage before I purchased the car. It was both explained to them and confirmed on the paperwork for the potential trade in if my old car.

This is a standard problem with the Ingenium diesel engine in the Evoque because the DPF is located too far from the engine to passively regenerate. The car has now been re-designed and hopefully this fault will have been eliminated. In theory you have a case to reject the car as "not of satisfactory quality" and "not fit for the purpose you told the dealer you wanted to use it for". That's the theory. Law here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/ History of the problem with the Evoque here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/land-rover/range-rov.../ But if the dealer does not accept your rejection, your case will have to go to the full County Court and you could be in for significant legal and court costs that, even if a ruling is made in your favour, you might not be able to recover.