Can I reject my new car because the touchscreen system keeps crashing?

I bought a new New Ford Focus last September and almost immediately there were problems with the touchscreen and reversing camera. It displays warnings such as 'collision assist warning service needed' and several other messages randomly. The rear camera often remains on when driving forward again and then the whole system crashes. Despite numerous visits to the dealer no one can find the cause of the fault and I am stuck in limbo. What are my options/legal rights? I have had the car less than four months.

Asked on 23 January 2019 by Norma Tregoning

If they can't fix it you can reject the car for its current market value. See: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/ This sort of thing is happening a lot. Cars are increasingly complicated. The forward radar controlled auto braking frequently fails or never even works at all, but better it doesn't work than slams on the brakes when a crisp packet floats across the road in front of the car.