My insurance has gone up because of a no fault accident - what can I do?

A car damaged my front bumper when it was parked without me in it. The other driver admitted fault and her insurance paid for all repairs. My insurance renewal had £30 added because of my ‘no fault accident'. I have challenged this and got nowhere. What can I do?

Asked on 12 November 2018 by Michael

Answered by Tim Kelly
You need to reclaim this increase in premium from her insurers as a uninsured loss for the next five years. Use your legal assistance policy if you have it. Alternatively contact her insurer directly.
Similar questions
I had a no-fault accident which meant my car was written off and the insurers paid me a final settlement to cover the market value of the car. There were nine months of the policy left - should I also...
Someone has reversed into my daughter's car while she was stationary in car park. It caused £300 of damage to her car. We have notified her insurer, who are processing it as a no-fault claim. However,...
I renewed and paid for my mother's car insurance policy about two weeks before the start date. I'm a named driver on the policy but rarely drive the car. Between paying for the policy and it starting,...

Value my car