Where do people stand if their car is damaged in a storm by a falling branch?

With the weather as it is, where do people stand with insurance if their car is damaged by falling trees or branches, flash flooding or things flying around roads.

Asked on 24 September 2018 by Paul halford

Unless someone is liable for the property that the tree is are situated on, then it would go as a fault claim on your insurance, as they have no one to claim from. Anything in terms of flying debris would be seen as an act of god unless negligence can be proven.