How do you charge an electric or hybrid vehicle if you can't park outside your house?

Millions of owners of houses and flats are not able to park their cars outside their property. So how do they charge their electric cars? No article ever seems to answer this problem.

I occasionally use a heavy duty extension lead hanging out of my first floor flat's window to charge my e-Golf (www.honestjohn.co.uk/our-cars/volkswagen-e-golf/). But that's not something we'd recommend. In truth, most of the time I manage fine by relying on the public charging network and charging at work. A few London councils are trialling lamp post EV chargers, which could come in handy if you have a lamp post outside your house.