I bought a used car without a V5 - I can't tax or drive it. What do I do?

I recently bought a used runabout from a trader. It came with a valid MoT, but no V5. Therefore, we could not tax it as it's registered in another name. It's just sat on our drive and the seller won't return our calls. It has a claimed Full Service History with the book stamped, but no receipts for the work he said had been done. What can I do?

Asked on 19 August 2018 by geoffrey bell

Answered by Honest John
Get it insured and you simply use a Form V62 to register it in your name and tax it at a main Post Office: www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for...e
Similar questions
I bought a used car online. The seller said he was a trader and the car was advertised as a part-exchange, just MoT'd with a one year warranty. I booked to view it (80 miles away) over the weekend at his...
My 10-year-old car has been in Spain for nine years and 11 months. I've lost the V5C, so what do I say at Dover when I try to bring it back to the UK?
I just bought a used car. I have the V5C/2 green slip but it is already filled with somebody else's name and address, plus it has an old reference number and I can't pay the tax online. How can I pay the...