The V5C of my new car is filled with someone else's details - how do I tax it?

I just bought a used car. I have the V5C/2 green slip but it is already filled with somebody else's name and address, plus it has an old reference number and I can't pay the tax online. How can I pay the tax for it? Must I wait for the V5C to come by post?

Asked on 21 May 2017 by Georgiana Dumitrascu

Answered by Honest John
This tells you what to do at a post office: As long as the car is insured and MoT'd you can tax it and use a form V62 to apply for a V5C registration document at the same time.
Similar questions
I bought a car which has now had a crash. I can't find the V5C logbook and the scrap company can't scrap it as the previous owner still has outstanding finance on the vehicle.
My 10-year-old car has been in Spain for nine years and 11 months. I've lost the V5C, so what do I say at Dover when I try to bring it back to the UK?
I bought a used car online. The seller said he was a trader and the car was advertised as a part-exchange, just MoT'd with a one year warranty. I booked to view it (80 miles away) over the weekend at his...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer