How do I get a new logbook?

I bought a car which has now had a crash. I can't find the V5C logbook and the scrap company can't scrap it as the previous owner still has outstanding finance on the vehicle.

Asked on 22 March 2017 by chantelle pennant

Answered by Honest John
You will have to use a Form V62 from the post office or online to obtain a V5C for the car: The outstanding finance is another matter entirely. That would mean that it was not the seller's to sell.
Similar questions
I just bought a used car. I have the V5C/2 green slip but it is already filled with somebody else's name and address, plus it has an old reference number and I can't pay the tax online. How can I pay the...
My 10-year-old car has been in Spain for nine years and 11 months. I've lost the V5C, so what do I say at Dover when I try to bring it back to the UK?
I bought a used car online. The seller said he was a trader and the car was advertised as a part-exchange, just MoT'd with a one year warranty. I booked to view it (80 miles away) over the weekend at his...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer