Dangerous Drivers School Channel 5 - jamie745

Anybody seen this? I caught last weeks on Demand 5 when somebody told me i had to see it and watched tonights episode.

Its mental!

*sits here paralysed with confusion*........HOW?!?! Did these people ever get a licence?

The two women on last weeks show i didnt mind so much as they at least admitted they had a problem and wanted to fix it but the total plank in the Fiesta last week and the 100% total *insert abusive term* in the Focus this week still think they're in the right.

This weeks 'girl racer' proved the term 'one lady owner' means absolutely nothing, as we already knew.

As for this weeks pensioner who cant get out of her own street im sorry but someone should be taking her licence away and just let that be that, by the end of the show she may say she has 'no problem' with driving now but my bet is everybody else on the road will have a problem with her driving very quickly.

Another thing which annoys me, how have these people (using phones and eating McDonalds while doing 85 on the motorway all at once) not been caught by the Police? Are they asleep? Speed camera's only catch the driver doing 43 in a 40 on a straight empty road they never seem to get these drivers who are the real problem.

Three times now on this show we've got footage on national television of these drivers using a phone while driving, why havent they received points and a fine from the Police? Or last weeks Fiesta pleb who refused to wear a seatbelt because 'it creases my clothes.' When someone took a photo of Clarkson allegedly using a phone while driving the Police opened a case on it.

Enough should be enough with some people, the DVLA should be able to watch that and just remove licences from these people. No if, no but, they may 'change' on camera but give it a week and they'll be back to normal. Its a shame they wont be forcefully removed from the road until they kill someone.

Dangerous Drivers School Channel 5 - TeeCee

>Speed camera's only catch the driver doing 43 in a 40 on a straight empty road they never seem to get these drivers who are the real problem.

Congratulations Jamie, you just answered your own question! If you effectively hand over traffic policing to cameras and lumps in the road, this is what you get.

As for the person who didn't wear their seatbelt, well it's their funeral and nothing to get excited about.

Dangerous Drivers School Channel 5 - Young23

hello I am new here! I saw this thread topic and I feel interested to reply.. Driving over a speed limit is sometimes taken as a habit to some drivers. They often do not know the result of doing this act until they are pulled over by the police. Okay the result of having a speeding ticket may mean so much to you. your insurance premiums will rise and worst, if you accumulated between three to six points, you will have your driving opportunity suspended and you will be forced to attend into a traffic school or doing community service. Traffic school is costly. That is why as much as possible drivers when driving, please don't be caught. That is the best way to escape the speeding ticket.

Edited by Honestjohn on 22/01/2013 at 14:42

Dangerous Drivers School Channel 5 - jamie745

Congratulations Jamie, you just answered your own question! If you effectively hand over traffic policing to cameras and lumps in the road, this is what you get.

As for the person who didn't wear their seatbelt, well it's their funeral and nothing to get excited about.

You dont need to tell me how ineffective speed camera's are. Ive said many times they're useless in most respects. Someone could drive past one who was drunk, on drugs, no licence, no tax, no insurance, no MOT with some AK47's and plastic explosives on board but so long as they didnt exceed the speed limit they'd get away with it.

Dangerous Drivers School Channel 5 - TeeCee

They have their place. The problem is that place is not being used as a substitute for "real" policing.

Trouble is they're deeply loved by the "box tickers". They don't make judgement calls, so there's always a "nick" and they provide their own evidence. Presto, a whole load of motoring offences with a massive clearup rate. Just the job for the "after the long boozy lunch" session of PowerPoint charts at an ACPO beano, as there's nothing to cause indigestion.

Actual police officers have a nasty habit of ticking drivers off if the situation warrants it, rather than booking them regardless of the circumstances, so their figures are nowhere near as productive as some electronics on a stick.

Dangerous Drivers School Channel 5 - Roly93

This weeks 'girl racer' proved the term 'one lady owner' means absolutely nothing, as we already knew.

Yet another piece of fly on the wall TV garbage from C5. How can this girl actually not realise she is a complete maniac, are we breeding people this clueless in Britain nowadays. Next people will be blaming us for not reminding them to breathe !

Dangerous Drivers School Channel 5 - balleballe

Yet another piece of fly on the wall TV garbage from C5. How can this girl actually not realise she is a complete maniac, are we breeding people this clueless in Britain nowadays. Next people will be blaming us for not reminding them to breathe !

"are we breeding people this clueless in Britain nowadays"

Yes

Dangerous Drivers School Channel 5 - dieseldogg
Can I admit to reading the Daily Telegraph?, but on here I suppose i could (he realizes)
Ayway last Saturday they had an article about the whole claim compensation culture, specifically in respect of employment liabilities.
Someone has actually claimed that since he hurt himself opening a gate, and that since he had NOT recieved training in "safe gate opening & closing" the firm were therefore liable.
I could only understand from the context that it was going to law.
Bit like the Plod not being allowed out on the specially bought push-bikes ............until they had been trained.
jhc!
Dangerous Drivers School Channel 5 - injection doc

"are we breeding people this clueless in Britain nowadays"

It frightening but we certainly appear too ! & very very worrying to think that they drive ! no sense of responsibility !