Ford Ka - Tyre Sealant - Drivethru

I have a new Ford Ka which doesn't come with a spare wheel, I would be reluctant to use the repair kit it comes with it as this renders the tyre useless. I was wondering about getting them filled with a tyre sealant such as puncture safe and would welcome any comments.

Ford Ka - Tyre Sealant - Andy P

The question you really should be asking is whether you'd be happy driving around with a nail stuck in the tyre.

The thing about normal tyres is that if you get a puncture, the tyre deflates and you know you have a problem. Put in a tyre sealant and you could be driving around with a potential weak spot in the tyre that could lead to a catastrophic blow-out.

Ford Ka - Tyre Sealant - Bobbin Threadbare

I know which I'd rather....I'd rather realise I had a puncture and roll to a stop than have stopping forced upon me in a horrid surprise at 70mph!

You can get a space saver wheel for the new Ka; they're about £30 and obviously you'll need to put the appropriate tools in with it if you get one. There is a place to put it!

I know which I'd rather....I'd rather realise I had a puncture and roll to a stop than have stopping forced upon me in a horrid surprise at 70mph!

You can get a space saver wheel for the new Ka; they're about £30 and obviously you'll need to put the appropriate tools in with it if you get one. There is a place to put it!

Thanks, do you know the best place to get them from, is there anywhere online that sells them.

Ford Ka - Tyre Sealant - Bobbin Threadbare

Yes, you can google it, but I couldn't tell you which is the best one unfortunately. Some of the other guys on here are quite savvy at internet-shopping for car accoutrements, I'm sure they will have some suggestions.

Just an update on the lack of a spare wheel. There is an option at the time of ordering the car for a spare wheel for an extra £50, I didn't know about this at the time and after contacting the dealer they have agreed to supply one for £50, so at least I won't have to bother with the repair kit. Thanks for the help, it made me think twice about the tyre sealant.