Peugeot 206 - Incorrect date of conviction - nickb75

Hi all

My insurance company have informed me that the date of the TS10 conviction I delcared differs on my driving licence to the detials that they have from when I took out the policy. We have had to claim due to an accident and I've sent all the documentation in that they requested.

Is this just cause for them to not pay out? Obviously it's a mistake either on my part or theirs?

Thanks in advance...

Peugeot 206 - Incorrect date of conviction - Peter D

If you informed them in a timely manner then I do not see this causing a problem. How did you inform them/apply for the policy and how much of an error and in which direction is it out by. Regards Peter

Thanks for the replies, I didn't realise that there was an error until I rng them about the status of the claim.

The car has been written off. All other info has been given to them but it looks like the date of the conviction they have is 2007 instead of 2008

These details were just carried over from the renewal which was this feb, so I took out the policy in feb 2010 and renewed with them this year...

They say they are waiting on a decision...

Peugeot 206 - Incorrect date of conviction - Falkirk Bairn

What is the difference in the dates?

What did you tell the Ins Co?

What does the DVLA licence people say?

An endorsement stays on licence for 4 yrs.

Peugeot 206 - Incorrect date of conviction - LucyBC

The dates should not make any difference as to the risk and hence the claim. If they try to say that they do come back to me and I should be able to persuade them to change their mind.

Thanks for this Lucy, they are going to inform me of the decision either tomorrow (Wed) or the day after.

Will post back then either way.

Thanks all.

Peugeot 206 - Incorrect date of conviction - Dwight Van Driver

We hear tales of Insurance Companies trying to get out of their obligations. In this case I hope they are not invoking:

Section 174 Road Traffic Act 1988

(5)A person who makes a false statement or withholds any material information for the purpose of obtaining the issue—

(a)of a certificate of insurance or certificate of security under Part VI of this Act,

is guilty of an offence.

?

dvd