Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - LHM
On a lighter note, does anyone here get the chance to exercise the 'pleasure' part of our insurance cover??!

Faced with more than two hours commuting a day; trips to the supermarket, DIY stores, IKEA; kids' events etc, I'm not sure I can fit it in!

Maybe I should ask for a reduction in my insurance premium if I promise not to drive 'for pleasure' :-)
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - volvoman
I agree - just about the only pleasure I get from motoring these days is when:

- the car starts,
- it passes its MOT,
- my insurance doesn't go up by several times the rate of inflation,
- petrol prices fall &
- my annual service costs less than £350 !
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - eMBe {P}
I had a feeling of "deja vu" on reading this thread.

See www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=74...0

LHM: You are not 0.1% man by any chance are you?
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - LHM
Hi M.B.!

No, just new to the forum :-) I do try checking the past threads, and apologise for the repetition.

One of the hazards of 'meeting' so many kindred sprits on a great discussion board like this is that we've all probably felt the same irritations/questions at some point in our motoring lives!!

Cheers!
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - Ian Cook
'Pleasure' - fat chance, eh.

It reminds me of the line from a song by The Cream:

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all!"

;o)

Ian Cook
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - Rob C
Sometimes!

I had to drive from Kent to Middlesbrough, to visit a college. I stayed at the In-laws overnight (near Thirsk. Before I headed back I thought I would blast over the North Yorks moortops, have fish & chips at the Magpie in Whitby, back through the moors and off down South.
Alas no, the mother-in-law phoned me in the car to tell me she had forgotten to give me a bag of tulip bulbs to take back to the wife. By the time I went back, it was too late to do anything but drive straight down the A1.
Pleasure...denied.
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - BrianW
It would have been cheaper to tell her to mail the damned bulbs than to drive back for them.
And you could have still had the pleasure.
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - Miller
As far as I'm concerned the last time I got any pleasure from driving was around 1995!
Im a loser baby....so why don't you kill me?!
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - madf
Nothing like driving over the Derbyshire hills. Sheep and solitude and 200foot vertical drops on one side.

Traffic? Two cars in sight.
Speed cameras? Whassat?
Speed humps? Pardon?
Police? Who?

Only problem is that you can be passed by bikers at 80mph...:-)

Leek to Buxton is nice...when it's not snowing.

I enjoy driving... :-)

madf
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - volvod5_dude
Driving from Cannes heading north through the French Alps following the Route Napoleon superb! Power steering is essential.

VD5D
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - Rob C
Driving round Brands Hatch in me MKIV Supra, until the idiots deside to crash their cars and delay everyone.
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - Clear Spot
>Driving from Cannes heading north through the French Alps following the Route Napoleon superb! Power steering is essential.

Agreed - in fact driving almost anywhere in France south of Clermont Ferrand.
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - Vin {P}
Pleasurable driving? Pretty much all of it. I love being behind the wheel at almost any time. Sounds like I'm out of step in this company.

V
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - andymc {P}
My route for getting to work, 2 or 3 days a week - sheer driving joy. As I work between two offices on alternate days, I don't always do this road, but seeing as it's a longer trip than the other one it means I don't get tired of the commute either. I have a few miles of dodgy B roads, about 8 miles of motorway/dual carriageway, then the road from Ballymena to Larne in Co. Antrim is 18 miles of fun. Tight bends, long straights, uphill bits, downhill bits, bits on the side of a hill with a drop on one side to keep you sober. Any slow traffic is usually only 2 or 3 vehicles behind a tractor or truck, so it never ends up being a crawl from start to finish. I almost always end up with the massive grin like the cartoon driver in the Saab ad, whatever the weather. I love it - it's a big change from the slog of the commute to Belfast.
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - Dave_TD
Not at all mate, I'm the same. The day I stop looking forward to it is the day I start looking for another job.
Social, Domestic and...., er, Pleasure? - Ben79
I don't mind the drive to work, it is the drive home and every traffic light and queue on the way home that bugs me.

Ben