Slick 50. - Dutchie

Years ago i used this once to protect the engine,thats what it said on the label.Does anybody still buy this? Or is there no need anymore to use this additive with the advanced oils we have now?

Slick 50. - Collos25

Its still available on German ebay at a very expensive price whether it is or was any good I wouldn't know I would now class it as a complete waste of money.

Slick 50. - madf

Snake oil.

Sold like it as well.

Slick 50. - 659FBE

Don't even think of it - ever.

Slick 50. - Dutchie

I can't remember what year it was they put this slick 50 in a engine without any oil and drove it to destruction which took a while.Time has moved on.

Slick 50. - FP

I believe the company marketing this stuff has been the subject of various legal actions in the USA regarding their claims as to what it does and has not come out well.

I wouldn't believe half of what they claim.

Slick 50. - martint123

neptune.spacebears.com/cars/legal/s50fdo.html

<snip>

do forthwith cease and desist from making any representation, in any manner, directly or by implication, that such product:

A. Reduces wear on any motor vehicle part;

B. Extends the duration of any motor vehicle part's life;

C. Lowers engine temperatures;

D. Reduces toxic emissions;

E. Increases gas mileage; or

F. Increases horsepower,

Slick 50. - LucyBC
It is based on PTFE, more commonly known as Teflon.

Dupont, which invented Teflon, says that "Teflon is not useful as an ingredient in oil additives or oils used for internal combustion engines."
Slick 50. - Dutchie

Teflon for nonstick pans thanks Lucy.

Slick 50. - mike hannon

I once chucked a can of Slick in a Metro with knocking main bearings. It stopped the knocking for another 1,000 miles - enough time to find something else.

Well worth the 15 quid in about 1995.

If you think your engine is shot, what's to lose?

French motor shops and supermarkets are still full of similar products, claiming miracles - but then, consumer protection in France is practically non-existent.

Slick 50. - Dutchie

One thing about the French Mike they are not frightened to voice their opinion.That proves at the moment with all the protest going on.Maybe they don't need consumer protection.:)

Slick 50. - Armitage Shanks {p}
MMMM - Teflon! I wouldn't use anything associated with or endorsed by Tony Blair!
Slick 50. - SteveLee

I can't remember what year it was they put this slick 50 in a engine without any oil and drove it to destruction which took a while.Time has moved on.

I remember draining the oil out of my knackered (big ends) Capri at a mate's scrap yard, I thrashed it around the yard for 25 minutes, we were trying for a spectacular blow-up - con rod through the block etc - it ran out of petrol before the engine gave up...
Slick 50. - brum

Used it in my 85 passat at around 100,000 miles and shorlty afterwards it started burning oil which just went from bad to worse until at 140,000 miles it was burning one litre every 200 miles. I then scrapped it.

Slick 50. - Dutchie

I dont know Armitage they all sound slippery to me wich ever direction they come from.Promises Promises :)