Leganza (98)2.0 cdx - laura
the car has been looked at by a daewoo garage.the air con unit has 'lost its earth'? it can be temporarily re-earthed but this may not last very long.upon the garage trying to re-earth the unit it over-heated and this is a potential fire hazard and it was returned to its former broken state.we are awaiting the said daewoo garage on getting back to us after they have spoken to their technical and parts dept at their haed office re whether this has been heard of before etc.the unit cannot be permanently re-earthed and a new unit may have to be bought at the cost of £800.is this the case?
Leganza (98)2.0 cdx - T Lucas
I think i would let an auto electrician that knows what he is doing look at the car b4 i committed to that kind of expense.
Leganza (98)2.0 cdx - mark
Hi Laura

sorry to hear about the Leganza but it seems like a lot of money for the new unit suggested. Does the quote cover just the control panel or the whole system or is it the compressor?

I know there has been discussion here about the availability or not of Daewoo spares so you might be looking for a Leganza in a breakers for the bit if you need to save some cash or does anyone here know if the unit is shared with other Daewoos or other makes as I am told some Vauxhall bits can be swopped between the engines.

If you are lucky one of the air con boys might be along in a minute.

as ever

Mark