renaut clio - Red Traffic lights - peterrichards

I am not sure but I think I may have turned right at a set of traffic lights as I went to sutton in surrey from Carshalton. This is a regular journey and I was not concentrating properly this time, preoccupied with other matter and worries. What is the worst that could happen and can I be sure that any cameras did pick me up? No excuses it was my fault and I wish I had been more vigilent. I consider myself a safe driver and have never had any sort of ticket or fine in over 15 years am I heading for a first? Very annoyed with myself. please advise, thank you

renaut clio - Red Traffic lights - Dwight Van Driver

Failing to conform to a traffic sign (red light) is an offence under Road Traffic Act 1988 and one which requires the authorities to serve you with a written Notice of their Intention to prosecute for this offence within 14 days (excluding the date of the offence.) If they dont do this then they cannot convict for the offence.

You were not stopped. Had you been so then they are required to give the NOIP verbally.

You do not know if it was camera activated signal, so calculate 15 days from the occurrence and if nothing received in the post then stop sweating.

If it was camera activated you will receive within the time limit above a

Notice of Intended Prosecution and

A request, if you are the Reg Keeper of the vehicle, under S 172 RTA 88 to named the driver of the vehicle. You have to do this and return within 28 days otherwise they will take you to Court for this offence.

If you name yourself as driver, which appears to be the case, then with a clean Licence you will be given a Conditional Offer i.e. Pay £60 and get 3 points on your Licence - matter over..

dvd .

renaut clio - Red Traffic lights - 1litregolfeater

I would recommend a reading or a re-reading of George Orwell. It's not the damage they can do physically but the damage they can do mentally.

In the past week I've had to drop people off in bus stops, now I read about people that have been prosecuted and scammed for that innocuous and safe procedure.

So from now on people get dropped off in the carriageway.