Its an ill wind..that blew me some good... - legacylad
Strange how fate sometimes takes a hand.
Three months ago I was within a whisker of buying an MX5 with folding hard top, but it was not to be. Then came the pre Xmas snow & ice and I broadened my search for a convertible. Returning from holiday I followed up a 6 year old 330Ci which had been marooned at the bottom of an ice covered drive for several weeks. A fair price was offered, and duly accepted. Its a fair bit more refined than my previous Elise, and I shall be sad to say good bye to my current car which was bought to tide me over for 3 months some 27 months ago!
Lets hope for sunny skies and ice free roads from now on.
I may have to change my moniker......
Its an ill wind..that blew me some good... - TimOrridge
Have you sold the 626?
Its an ill wind..that blew me some good... - retgwte
if you read john redwoods blog you will know he chopped in his jag for a 4x4 over the last few weeks in sheer frustration that the jag wouldnt move on the slightest sign of ice or snow

think quite a few people dump their cars when they realise they are useless in mild winter weather

seems previous bmw owner took a similar view

Its an ill wind..that blew me some good... - legacylad
Currently on 'Classifieds' where it originally came from.....
Its an ill wind..that blew me some good... - Lygonos
think quite a few people dump their cars when they realise they are useless in mild winter weather <<

As has already been mentioned in other threads, it takes a certain type of mentality to buy a new car rather than simply put winter/all-weather tyres on the original car. Or even to wait 14 days and be back to normal again.

Ahhh BMW/Merc drivers 8)