07 1.4 Car Needs to be revved when starting! - shnabz
Hello,

I have only had my peugeot 207 S for around 6 months, at first it was fine, but now, it wont seem to start by itself. I always have to press the gas to get the engine to start. The starter motor seems fine as the engine is turning over, but its asif the car is failing to squirt a little juice in and i have to do this manually with the peddle. I wouldn't think it would be anything serious as the car is not very old, has only done 20,000. Is there a sensor that tells the injectors to start working when you first start the engine, i used to have a peugeot 306 and that used to rev to about 2500rpm when you initially started it and then settled down to idle. Maybe an ECU error? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
07 1.4 Car Needs to be revved when starting! - Dynamic Dave
When was the car last serviced?

If the car has a 3 yr warranty, then get the garage to take a look. A modern car shouldn't need the loud pedal pressing to start it up.
07 1.4 Car Needs to be revved when starting! - HyundaiOwnersClubAdmin
Is it petrol or diesel. Is there a KFU or KFW or 8HU or 5FS or what are the 6th 7th 8th digits of your chassis number
07 1.4 Car Needs to be revved when starting! - minjay

I have the same problem it's a 2006 Peugeot 207 1.4 petrol ,engone model is KFV TU3A

Any chance that problem has been resolved?

07 1.4 Car Needs to be revved when starting! - Railroad.

Most likely a dirty throttle butterfly valve or dirty idle speed stepper motor. This would mean the engine is struggling not for fuel, but for air. Try giving them a good clean.

07 1.4 Car Needs to be revved when starting! - minjay

I removed the air filter to look at the butterfly, he didn't looked dirty from the air filter side. I noticed that when I turn on the ignition before starting the engine I can hear a continuous sizzle sound coming from the casing attached to the butterfly. I assume it's the internal motor. Could it be the culprit? Other than the starting problem, the car works just fine once.

The motor makes the sound just like in this video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mYtGkhK9BY

07 1.4 Car Needs to be revved when starting! - Railroad.

In this case there will be no idle speed stepper motor, so forget that. The electronic throttle valve is controlled by the ECM, and must be clean. Take it off and using some carburettor cleaner and an old toothbrush give it a through clean. Put it back on and cycle the ignition a few times, waiting a couple of seconds each time before starting the engine. See if that helps.