XJ pulls a bird! - alijazz
Now I have seen everything. We went to Belvoir Castle for the day, and it took us ages to get away because a huge peacock fell in love with my car and wouldn't move. I kid you not. The attendant said he had been cuddling up to the car for the whole two hours we were in the castle. He wasn't posturing or doing any other form of competing. He was cuddling, and - if he did but know it - admiring his own reflection. The car is indigo, but in the sunshine it really was peacock blue. Easy mistake.

Kind of restores my faith in birds. For the last ten months an angry robin has been attacking my Nissan Qashqai and using it as his lavatory.

Very odd question, but have any of you got other bird meets car stories - apart from roadkill reports?

Ever pondering,

Ali

PS is there anywhere to post photos? I have pics!
XJ pulls a bird! - maz64
PS is there anywhere to post photos? I have pics!

In the thread apparently - see
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=77...7

But don't ask me how.
XJ pulls a bird! - mike hannon
Some makes are said to be prone to having door mirrors attacked by birds - not peacocks though...
XJ pulls a bird! - maz64
Just uploaded this, from last year:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S-_HSi_dis

Car was a mk1 Agila IIRC.
XJ pulls a bird! - rtj70
BTW The picture in that thread is not uploaded on this site. It is a reference to another site - your browser will be pulling the image itself from the other site.

But no this site does not allow photos to be uploaded/posted and the HTML I used for that picture is not allowed either.
XJ pulls a bird! - Westpig
can't do a bird story, but can do a lion one!

wife recently went with some of her family to Longleat to show our little boy the animals. Whilst in the lion bit, a lioness with cubs apparently took exception to her car...(x type estate)... so much so staff in a Land Rover had to intervene and twice chase them off. Apparently the lioness reared right up onto the car making it shake quite well and was getting quite aggressive.

Wife said the auto lights came on under some trees, so we speculated maybe the small round lights looked like eyes....either that or the car is kept quite presentable, so being dark blue there would have been a good refelection, although the lioness had been walking past the front.
XJ pulls a bird! - TheOilBurner
Similar story for us at West Mids Safari park. We've been round several times in our Zafira no problem, but on one occasion the African Wild Dogs went nuts, some surrounding us, others attacking our back wheels with their teeth, lots of howling and growling.

It was quite scary in fact, good job the staff noticed and chased them off.

I'm guessing we rolled through something they didn't like the smell of much!
XJ pulls a bird! - AlastairW
A bison used the bonnet of my car to scratch his chin. I can still see the marks in the paint, in some lights.
XJ pulls a bird! - Cliff Pope
OK, it's time for the elephant sits on car on Kenyan safari story.
XJ pulls a bird! - alijazz
I can't tell you how grateful I am that I have only had to fend off a peacock. You people lead much more exciting lives than I do!

Far worse than birds or animals is when a spider decides to live FOREVER in your wing mirror. I hate that. You suddenly see them doing acrobatics at red lights. Or they do a horrible kind of bungee thing when you set off when they are not expecting it. Their faces are like Jeremy Clarkson's in an Atom.

I can't believe they can withstand wing-walking at 85mph, either, but they can.

Ali
XJ pulls a bird! - rtj70
I can't believe they can withstand wing-walking at 85mph, either, but they can.

And the fact they can get a web going a long distance... I'll not spoil it and say how they cleverly do this,
XJ pulls a bird! - LikedDrivingOnce
And the fact they can get a web going a long distance

Yes, hence the "World Wide Web".

....off to the cloakroom.