Ungenerous Volvo Scrappage C30 Deal - datostar
Large ad in today's Telegraph tells us that we can get a 'fantastic' deal on a 'stunning' Volvo C30 1.6 petrol R-DESIGN, with an overall saving of £4,025 bringing the OTR price down to £11,995. You can have the car on no deposit terms with 36 monthly payments of £229.63 at the less than low APR of 10.7%, raising the total amount payable to £14,924.68. After 3 years you will still owe £6,438.00 on the car, and if you have done more than 18,000 miles (6,000 per year!) you will be charged 16.1p per mile for the excess. Additionally, you will be charged £125.00 as a 'Facility Fee' with the first payment and a 'Purchase Fee' of £95.00 on top of the £6,438.00 if you decide to buy it after the 3 years. Great - who thinks all this up? Haven't they thought about Showroom entry and exit fees?
Ungenerous Volvo Scrappage C30 Deal - barney100
Volvo in my experience are not generous along with most other makes I guess. Many car deals sound great in the adverts with save this and that and you picture yourself with a bargain. When the detaeil is understood in many cases you are gaining very little. I think you have to do your homework on costs so you have a good idea before going in the showroom what a reasonable deal would be and be prepared to haggle.
Ungenerous Volvo Scrappage C30 Deal - Falkirk Bairn
To be fair if you have £12,000 to buy the car outright it seems a good price for a car that is "not a Focus" to the eye but has a good Focus bit underneath!
Ungenerous Volvo Scrappage C30 Deal - datostar
To be fair if you have £12 000 to buy the car outright it seems
a good price for a car that is "not a Focus" to the eye but
has a good Focus bit underneath!

That's true, but they don't make it clear that you would get the full discounts outside this expensive lease-purchase finance deal. Obviously you would get the scrappage allowance if you traded an eligible vehicle in, but I've a feeling the remainder might be discretionary subject to the purchaser taking the finance deal.
Ungenerous Volvo Scrappage C30 Deal - Martin Devon
Buy a Mondeo.

Far superior car and you can't see it when you are in it. Despite wanting a Volvo T5. The 'Go' factor not the looks, I have gorn right off of the idea.

Just my two pennyworth.....MD
Ungenerous Volvo Scrappage C30 Deal - loskie
I picked up a V50 2.0ds in metallic yesterday. Used my 10,5yr old Octavia as scrappage and paid £14900 for a car that retails at about £20200. I was quoted off the old price list on 15 June by the salesman in error but they still stuck to the deal otherwise would have been about £300 more I think. So in my case a pretty good discount I hope.