Can you park a damaged car on the roadside? - Steptoe
I returned yesterday to the small village where I used to live until recently and was surprised to find two badly damaged cars parked in different roads. This is very unusual, especially as they were completely separate accidents, one must have occurred on the spot, as the car was patently undrivable, and the other one probably had been driven home from its incident a day or so previously.

In both cases the owners don?t have off-street parking and it made me wonder what the legalities are in a case like this. Can you leave a taxed, insured, MOT'd vehicle on the roadside even though the damage would preclude driving it (sharp bits, pedestrians, etc) until the insurance assessor comes or must it be moved to somewhere off the road

(This is a rhetorical question BTW, I have no wish to have a moan at the respective owners, they have my sympathies, especially as it is the second time the one who lives on the main road has had his car written off by someone driving into it in the early hours)

Can you park a damaged car on the roadside? - Pugugly
Potential offences of Dangerous Parts under Con and Use regs as well as the more mainstream offences such as failure to maintain bits and pieces and no doubt a plethora of Enviromental Law offences.