This forum is a bad influence - Dipstick
Driving today, Mrs Dipstick who knows nothing about cars, nothing about computers and nothing about the HJ forum, to my utter bemusement suddenly shouted at the car in front,

"Don't mimse! Hoon!"

I can only assume I've been replaying threads in my sleep. I need a holiday.

This forum is a bad influence - Lud
May I be the first to extend my warmest congratulations to Ms Dipstick, and indeed the Dipster himself who is the vector in this instance.

I have always felt that the thing to do was have correct attitudes, trumpet them loudly over all objections and hope that they would have a beneficent effect on society as it were by osmosis.

This is yet another proof that I am quite right (smirk).
This forum is a bad influence - Screwloose
Lud

Go on; admit it - you found Mrs Thatcher sexy, didn't you.....

It's amazing how much rubs off. One day, long ago, a particularly arrogant estate agent was cursing under the bonnet of his expensive, but dead, car at the side of a country lane, when he became aware of a tiny, white-haired, old lady with a Zimmer frame standing beside him.

When she asked him what was wrong, he rudely ignored her and tried to start it yet again; he was mortified when she told him that his positive battery terminal was corroded - and showed him how to fix it.....
This forum is a bad influence - welshlad
just hope you dont walk into the garage one morning to find her under the bonnet tinkering with things what she read about on the interwebby
This forum is a bad influence - Dipstick
Luckily she doesn't wear a bonnet. Not often anyway.